We would like you to take note of the following points.
- Principal: 8:30 am to 10:00 am on any working day.
- Headmistress: 8:30 am to 10:00 am on any working day.
- Class Teacher / Subject Teachers: 7:45 am to 8 am on any working day with prior appointment.
The school timings are
- Nursery and K.G.: 8:00 am to 11:45 am – Monday to Friday
- Classes I to XII: 8:00 am to 02:00 pm – Monday to Friday
The school gates will be shut at 8:05 am and NO student will be allowed in after that.
Absence from school is viewed very seriously. Full or half-day leave for any non-medical reason will not be permitted. No student will be allowed to go home after a weekly test, for any reason whatsoever. If a student is unwell, she/he should not come to school.
Absence from school for four days or more, without prior permission /intimation, will result in the student’s name being struck off from the rolls.
- Since we are located in a residential area, it is imperative that we ensure that the residents are not disturbed by vehicles dropping and picking students.
- You are requested not to park your vehicle at the entrances of the school or the neighbouring residences, as this hinders smooth movement of students, teachers and the residents.
- Please do not blow your vehicle’s horn as it disturbs the residents.
- If your ward travels by the school bus, please do not pick her / him personally from the school without prior permission.
Information is regularly sent to parents through circulars. You are also requested to visit the website regularly for updates on various events.
The Year Book given to each student at the start of the session has information about all activities, assessments, and other schedules for the ENTIRE session. Kindly refer to it regularly. It can also be viewed on the school website.
We encourage students to be responsible for their own belongings. When they forget to bring something to school with them in the morning, kindly do not send it or bring it in later. NOTHING will be sent to the students once school has started for the day.
We expect our students to have high moral values. Any kind of indiscipline or disrespect from any student will be viewed very seriously and action will be taken.
NO student below the age of 18 years is allowed to drive a vehicle to school. Anyone found violating this rule will be reported to the police.
No student is allowed to carry a cell phone to school. If found, the cell phone will be confiscated. In case it is imperative for students of classes XI and XII to carry a cellphone to school, their parents should send in an application addressed to the Principal.
We discourage students from bringing/wearing expensive items to school.
- We are a secular school and do not encourage either the propagation of a particular religion or disregard for any religion. We also celebrate festivals of all religions in our school. You are requested to avoid any conversation or deed at home that will create a bias in your child’s mind, as we would like them to grow up as secular citizens.
- The children need to spend quality time with their parents and family. We recommend that the family should be together at dinner time and should actively engage the students in discussion of current and relevant issues.
- All PTMs are compulsory. You are requested to meet all teachers teaching your ward.
- Introducing the students to Indian Art and Culture is an important aspect of their education. The school arranges for them to visit museums and view SPIC MACAY performances. We would like parents to extend these experiences by taking their children to museums, theatre and cultural performances, fairs, etc.
- We have a psychologist cum counselor on our rolls who is available for the parents and students from 8 am to 1:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Please call the Reception for an appointment with her.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS AND CONTACT NUMBERS
It is VERY IMPORTANT that you inform the class teacher and office immediately if there is a change in your address and/or telephone numbers so that we can contact you easily in an emergency.
The school has a fixed schedule for homework. In case your ward reports that there is no homework being given according to the schedule, please contact the concerned teacher immediately.
NO – POLYBAG ZONE
Our school has been a No-Polybag Zone for the last 15 years. We request you to avoid using and / or sending things in polybags to school.