Special Merit Awards 2020 – 2021
For outstanding achievements in Academics & co-curricular activities
Arsh Misra XII
TESA (TAGOREAN EX-STUDENT ASSOCIATION)
(Best student of XI)
Malvika Chawla-XI A
SHOBHA BHAVNANI ABILITY AWARD
(For contribution to House activities)
ACHALA R. NADGIR PROFICIENCY AWARD
HIGHEST MARKS IN CLASS XII BOARD EXAMINATION – ANANYA MATHUR
HIGHEST MARKS IN CLASS X BOARD EXAMINATION – MALVIKA CHAWLA
DEEPA AIYER AWARD (HIGHEST IN ACCOUNT IN CLASS XI)
PRANAV ANAND-XII A
DEVKUSUM SANSKRIT PROFICIENCY AWARD
ARSHEA BAHUGUNA-XI B
Divya Sijwali is a passionate young activist who is the conceiver and founder of the project Sehpaathi at school. Apart from playing tennis, doing theatre, she is also a business enthusiast. She also enjoys reading Shakespeare.
A winner of the collegiate quiz organized by Scholarly, Divya received a $2000 scholarship. Young changemaker, Divya works with the marketing and outreach team of Youth Action Hub-India, UNCTAD initiative. She is a fellow at Harvard Youth Lead the Change Program and Global Citizens Initiative. Divya is also a skilled orator who cracked a Harvard Business School case study and got selected to head the Marketing Committee at Talerang’s Model Business Program whilst also having received the Best Speaker award. She has been working with the TBS Junior Chronicles Magazine as a city editor of New Delhi as well. A finalist at ENpower’s at India’s FutureTycoon Season 3 and winner of the IFT 3 Minecraft Challenge, she has demonstrated a strong inclination towards becoming a social entrepreneur.
Debshata Choudhury of Class XI C is full of Joie de vivre . His philosophy about the life is to accept the challenge as an opportunity. His insatiable curiosity and critical thinking always shows his quality to think out of box. Recently, he organized an online exhibition of Plastic Turner Project and a webinar on economic condition post COVID 19.
Some of his achievements are listed below.
- Debshata has completed the Champion Level of The Tide Turners Plastic Challenge ( Which is the highest level of this competition ) – It is a global youth movement to fight plastic pollution around the world. The challenge is organised by Government of India’s ministry of environment, forests and climate change, the United Nations, WWF, Centre for Environment Education, and the Million Sparks Foundation.
- Successfully completed DELF A1 and DELF A2 – DELF is an official diploma awarded by the French Ministry of Education to certify that foreign candidates have achieved a certain level of French
- He bagged the certificate of Merit from for a French Proverb Illustrated was conducted by Education and Beyond.
- He secured first position in an Interschool competition named Trifecta ( Créez votre Scénarimage) conducted by Apeejay School Saket.
- He has completed an Online Orientation Course on Nonviolent Communication . Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti, New Delhi with TGELF had initiated this Orientation course on Non Violent Communication. This was an online certificate course.
- He got a certificate of excellence in a poster making competition organised by ISERD (Intellectual Property Rights with Entrepreneurship & Research Development ) on the topic innovate for a green future
- He had scored 100 % in the final assessment from TCS ( Tata Consultancy Services ) which conduct a 15 days course on productively to sharpen their skills.
- He was awarded for Best Direction award ( 2019 ) for a film on “ Peaceful Journey Through Musical Saga “ by The Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage
- He won the Certificate of Excellence at the French Olympiad 2019.
- He was the winner of the Annual Art Olympiad ( 2017-18 ) from Rhode Island School of Design ( USA ) the painting was exhibited at the National Gallery of Modern Art Mumbai
Zahra Shirpurwala , a child prodigy and a student of class IX is a treasured student of our school and has various achievements to her credit. She adorned the hat of a writer recently and has her book published, “An Anthology from a Poet’s Desk” where she has contributed over twenty poems. Her poems talk about life, her vision of the planet, about time, heritage etc.
Few of her other achievements are listed below:
- She was recently awarded the Good Air Warrior by IHW Council (Integrated Health and Well-being Council) in recognition of a remarkable contribution as a Young Ambassador during the Facebook Live Show hosted on the World Environment Day (5th May 2020)
- She secured the second position winning a cash prize of Rs 4000.00 in the Virtual Business-Plan Competition by presenting her business plan. She also successfully secured admission for a two-year Entrepreneurship Programme at the Metamorphosis School after making a presentation to the Jury and a one-on-one personal interview with the judges.
- She secured the third position in Zonal Science Congress hosted by the Science Branch Directorate of Education (Govt of NCT Delhi) for 2019-20
- She was a member of the winning team in the category “Jumbish” for Song of the Year in Itihaas Anveshan @ Sounds of Colour
- She has secured International Rank – 54 and Zonal Rank 5 in Delhi, at the National Cyber Olympiad held in 2016
Our prodigy in ‘Horse Riding’ from class XI has inherited the love for the sport in his genes.He picked up the sport when his family was posted at Srinagar few years back. Since then he is regular participant in Horse Shows.
He Participated in Delhi Horse Show on 01st and 2nd Dec 2018. This was his first exposure in competitive Riding. He has won Four Silver medals in different events.er
- Children Ball & Bucket Race Gp I – Silver Medal
- Children Stick & Ball Race Gp I – Silver Medal
- Children Dressage Gp I – Silver Medal
- Children Hacks Gp I – Silver Medal
In 2019, he again participated in 2 events at Delhi Horse Show which was held from 23rd Mar to 7th Apr 2019.
- Show Jumping
- Open Hacks
He performed quite well in show jumping and won a Bronze Medal in open hacks.
Our Champion Skater from class V has done us proud many a times in various competitions. Below are few of his recent accomplishments:
- He secured third position at DDA Sport Wing Skating Tournament 2018 held at: Siri fort Sport Complex under 6-8 boys inline speed skating 300 mtr rink race
- Fifth position at CBSE Central Zone sakting championship 2018 held at Komal Khatri Skating Rink, Rajiv Gandhi Stadium Bawana under 6-8 boys inline speed skating 300 mtr rink race(Time trial)
- Fourth position at CBSE Central Zone sakting championship 2018 held at: Komal Khatri Skating Rink, Rajiv Gandhi Stadium Bawana under 6-8 boys inline speed skating 500 mtr rink race
- Second place at DDa sport championship held at Jasola under 6-8 boys inline speed skating 300 mtr rink race
- Played nationals from Mission International Championship held on 25 November . He secured 2 gold in 300 mtr and 500 mtr rink race under 8 category in discipline inline speed held at Kalka ji Rajiv Gandhi Park DDA rink.
- Ratish bagged ‘Real Silver Medal’ in 300 mtr rink race under 8 inline boys at All India Real Gold Roller Skating Championship on 3rd Feb, 2019 at Fitsco Sports Academy, Gurgaon and qualified for International Roller Skating Championship to be held in Bangkok.
- Gold medal in inter school skating tournament at SIRI Fort Sport Complex on Feb 10 2019 in 300 mtr rink race in 7-9 agegroup inline boys category.
He has won 1 bronze in 500 mtr road race and 1 silver medal in 1 lap track in 47th Delhi State Roller Skating Championship 2021 in discipline Inline Speed Skating organized by Roller Skating Federation of India in the month of February 2021.